Monday, October 11, 2010

This past week....

.... was sort of interesting....   I love to research my family tree and have gotten together with several other family members that also love to do this...  it's interesting to see where we come from.  I have binders full of information, photos of people that I have never met but play an important part in my life....  

.... but what was interesting about this past week was that we got a phone call last Tuesday evening....  I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer...  gotta love that caller id!  lol   ....  anyways, after the caller hung up I listened to the message...  it turns out it's one of my father-in-laws cousins that has been trying to track him down for several weeks....  she happened to find our number and called in hopes of having the right Harry Gordon and would we please call her back she was looking for some information about their grandmother....

...  I wrote everything down and asked my husband about this lady and he acted like I was crazy!  How could I possibly think that HE would know anything about this or even any of his fathers cousins?!  So I started to do a little research on my own....  sure enough, I found what she was looking for!  I told my husband that he needs to atleast ask his dad about this and see where it goes....  I had to keep asking him for two days if he mentioned it to his dad yet....  and of course he hadn't!  So I said I was going to ask him....  and guess what?!  He knew exactly who she was!

...  yesterday, we went for a drive thru the mountains....  taking in all the beauty of fall!  Before going home I asked my husband to stop at the cemetary that we believed his great-grandmother was buried  at....  we found her!  This led to an exploration of the rest of the small cemetary and we found more family members that he had heard stories of thru the years....

.... so now, I'm really interested in getting MORE info and putting something together for our son...  something that he will have to look at and see where HE came from!  : )

No comments: