Monday, January 24, 2011

Journal / Album

This is something that I have been thinking about for months and just finally got around to starting it!  I really hate it when I do that!  lol  And yes, this is all stuff that I have had sitting in my scraproom...  patiently waiting to be used!  About a year or so ago, Michaels had all these little chipboard albums for a $1...  so of course everytime I would go to Michaels I would buy a few because I just knew that I would use them for something!  lol  Anyways!  That's a whole other story!!! 

BUTTONS!!!  I {LOVE} BUTTONS!!!  I have JARS of them all through my house and yes, they are sorted by color!!!  Just like my paper scraps!  hahaha!  at least the ones I use for creating are sorted by color! 

I covered the chipboard with patterned paper and sanded the edges...  then chalked them.  The ribbon and lace are also scraps and the little flatback pearls are the last few I had left!  : )  I used a collage stamp that I have for the partial background behind the photomat.



This is another "page" for the journal/album.... this was brushed with "Tattered Angels Shimmer" (or whatever it's called!)  I stamped it with the "explore & discover" stamp so you can do a little jornaling on the background itself!  The bird is stamped on acetate and cut out - it's a stamp I have from a "Stampin' Up" set (and you guess it!  I don't remember the name of stamp set! lol).  The "branches" the bird is standing on are punched from the MS punch that everybody had to have a year or so ago!  lol 


The tickets on this page are from a crop that I was at in the fall!  Everytime we completed a LO or a card we got to roll the die to see how many tickets we got!  The tickets were for door-prize drawings!  Obviously, I kept my half of the tickets because like everything else I keep....  I just knew I could use it for something!  lol  All I did to them was crumple them up and used a nail file on them to make them look worn then I brushed them with the "Tattered Angels Shimmer" stuff that I have!  The "LOVE" charm is something else that I found in my room and just glued it fast!  The "film strip" is Tim Holtz and I love it!  The little pearls that are with the buttons are from a necklace that Stacie had when she was little!  It broke so I kept all the little beads and just use them on whatever I'm working on at the time!  : )

so this was just a little peak of the journal/album that I'm working on....  I hope to soon have it finished though!  Once it's done, I'll post the rest of the pics!

Thanks for looking!  

No comments: