Thursday, March 20, 2008



A few weeks ago I discovered the Cricut MB... addicting! I have found that several times a day I check to see what others are creating or just talking about.... I have gotten a "Ban Sister" and hopefully she will keep after me so I don't spend everything I have on scrapbooking goodies! During my time on the MB I have committed to completing several challenges that have been issues by others... we've done LO's and cards and I think that everybodys has turned out rather well... in doing these challenges I have learned some new techniques to use and have also learned about many new products and goodies that I'm thinking no true scrapbooker can do without!!! : )


What I most wish to do is complete my son's album(s)... he is 19 now and I'm only up to age 5! I would also like to get my daughters album(s) current... I'm only 3 years behind on hers! With any luck while I'm off from work I'll be able to accomplish most of what I've set out to do... at least I hope so!


The latest challenge we had was to do a LO using circles and leave some "white space: (white space = open spaces on the background)... while this is challenging I think I managed to do this - somewhat - with my picture of Minnie Mouse I took while we were at Disney in 2004. I used a 5x7 photo that I took of her (she posed for me to take this pic!) The flowers are Prima paper flowers... the centers of the flowers have a sequined flower in the center fastened with a small pink brad. For the
letters in "MINNIE" I used my George cart... done the white as a shadow and the orange regular. The small metal tag has "magical" engraved on it. I really had fun doing the LO and I'm planning to do many more this cute! Oh, I almost forgot... I don't normally use orange and pink together... I was looking thru a pack of ribbon I recently purchased and found a pink ribbon with orange paisleys on it.... I started pulling paper out and couldn't resist the combination! : )
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

No comments: