Monday, May 5, 2008

**~Quick Cards~**

This first card really started out as something else... I had decided I was going to use a white 5x7 (folded size) card and so I embossed it with the Cuttle Bug and used my edge punch... and that was when I realized.... it was going to be TOO BIG for the envelope!!! LOL So, I had to cut it down and accidentally laid it in an ink pad... so rather than just toss the whole thing, I simply cut off the front part and created this... I like how it turned out! : )



These next two cards were a "last minute" thing and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. This morning my daughter tells me that she would like two cards for her Band Directors... their Spring Concert was this evening and she wanted to give them each a card... so I hurried up and threw these together.... for the first of the two... I used my WIMG cart and my Swiss Dots CB Folder... along with my stapler, a little ribbon and a small stamp. Once the flowers were assembled, I simply chalked some shading onto them and used a little Stickles to "jazz" them up! I "inked" the edge of the embossed paper... just to seperate the white from the cream... I didn't want the background to jump out... I wanted the flowers to be the focus here... : )

So, Ms Conrad.... Thank You for your dedication to the 8th Grade Band at the Chestnut Ridge Middle School..... I hope you hide the Oreo's before the kids find them!!! LOL

This card was for Mr. Ballow... he is also a Band Director at our school. He puts up with so much from these kids..... the least we could do was replace his Oreo's as well!!!! LOL

For his card... I started with a white card and just matted a Golden Yellow with a Blue "Thank You" embossed mat.... I placed two eyelets at the botton to run some ribbon thru and simply tied them. This card was still a little too plain so I decided to give it some "bling"!! I just went over one the "thank yous" with some stickles and added 4 "skittles" in the corners... again, I was pleased with the end result! : )

No comments: