Sunday, May 11, 2008

**~Happy Mother's Day!~**

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mother's out there!!! : )

I wanted to share with you what I made for my mom this year.... since she has allergies and we can never get her real flowers.... I decided to make her this! I used my cuttlebug and several folders for "texture" the flowers... wire for the bumble bee... and last but not least.... I cut a Pringles can in half and used that for the "vase"....

For the flowers themselves... once they were cut by the Cricut - I used my "Walk In My Garden" cart... I put some of the flowers in my "Swiss Dots" CB folder and some in my "Script" CB folder... once they were embossed I used my black ink pad and LIGHTLY brushed it across the embossed portions giving them just a little more depth... I chalked the edges and used "Skittles" to add some "BLING"!! I also used pop-dots between the layers and just glue them to their "stems" (dial rod)! The leaves are just ribbon tied on.

I altered the Pringles can with two colors of paper and put both of these thru my Cuttle Bug as well... I had some ribbon and added this to the top of the can and then stuffed it with some irridescent Easter grass I have.

This was fun to make! I may have to make one for myself!!! LOL OH... don't mind the mess that you see all around (and behind) my flower arrangement!!! I'm working on several projects at once and can't seem to keep things put away!!! LOL

Thanks for looking and have a great Mother's Day!!!


No comments: