Sunday, September 21, 2008

**~ Happy 80th Birthday Grandma! ~**

Today is my Grandma's 80th Birthday!!! : )
Directions for card: Using 12 x 12 pink card stock
I cut a piece 5 inches wide. Find the center
(6" from either end) and fold the sides in towards
the center. Using my Doodlecharms cart I cut a
cupcake at 4 inches. I used black for the shadow...
used a patterned paper for the botton and pink
for the top. Using chalk, I colored the "flame" and
the "candle" then applied glitter to the "flame".
For the "Pink Icing" I used my Swiss Dots Cuttle
Bug folder and then using a nail file gently
"sanded" the dots to make then white. I applied
glitter to a few of these dots after chalking the
edges of the "icing". Finding the center of the cupcake - I applied glue to one side of the back of the cupcake and put it on the edge of the left side - this gives the appearance of the cupcake being in the middle of the card. I also used my "Perfectly Paisley" Cuttle Bug folder for both front sides of the card.

For the tag on the right side I simply stamped my "image" (or in this case my phrase) onto a piece of white card stock and then added a piece
of pink card stock to the back. Using a pink
heart-shaped paper clip with a piece of darker
pink ribbon stapled to it I clipped it to the edge
of the card.


I used "Cotton Candy" ink to "ink" the edges of
both the white & the pink tag pieces.



For the inside of the card I used my Fiskars "Treading Water" punch on white & pink card stock - layer them in the center. I had this adorable pink flower that was just enough of a different shade of pink to go in this card.

I don't know if you can see it or not but the inside phrase says... "maybe a cupcake will help?" Given the fact that it's her 80th Birtday I thought this was great for this card.... I wanted it have a little humor! : ) Anyways I used the "Cotton Candy" ink to "ink" the edges of the white and then used Staz-On Jet Black to "ink" the edges of the pink card stock. The phrase is stamped using the "Cotton Candy" ink also.

I hope these directions were helpful.... I woke up early this morning made this before going to church.... it was one of those things that I was thinking about when I woke up and so I just started cutting and embossing and gluing and punch and this is what I came up with!

Hope you enjoy it!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Tammy Godwin said...

How Beautiful! Both the card and grandma! :)

Treva said...

Love the card, I used my doodlecharms cart this morning to make a cupcake for a layout. I like yours and will have to try it, tfs for sharing.