Monday, December 15, 2008

**~ Christmas Cards ~**

So this is what I have been doing for the last several days.... well, more like the last two weeks! LOL These are just a few of the cards I have been working on (several of each!) for friends and family for Christmas! I shared a few the other day (snowman & cabin) that I had originally done using my DS (Design Studio)..... I was so excited to FINALLY get to use it!!!

Anyways, with these cards I used the same shape for the back as I did the front - however I didn't allow it to mak all the cuts in the back half of the card - causing it to leave a solid-shape.

This first one - Snowflake with blue...... it just reminds me of a Sugar Cookie that is decorated with light blue powdered sugar icing..... mmmmmm....

Alright... enough daydreaming about food! LOL I used my sewing maching to stitch the center of the Snowflak after running it thru the CB using Swiss Dots.... gently pressed a blue ink pad onto the "swiss dots" and then went over each "point" using Icicle Stickles. I added clear "skittles" and used a Bic Mark-Its marker to color them a matching blue..........



This Wreath card is similar to the Snowflake card I shared above.... I inked the edges of the wreath and also "lifted" the cut parts for added dimension to the card. I also added clear "skittles" and just colored them red......


For this Snowflake card...... it's just very basic..... the paper is already glittered but I think I may add a ribbon to it somehow......

OK... when you first look at this pic.... you're probably wondering what in the world I done!!! LOL It's simple.... I made a Christmas Stocking card.... but I used this "feathery fluffy stuff" to add to top..... I also ran the top of the card thru my CB using "D'vine Swirls" and then added stickles.....

The Ice Skate cards are made the same way as the Christmas Stocking card.....
This Christmas Stocking card (and the one following it...) was so much fun to make! Did I mention I love to "ink" everything!!! LOL I even made the "nail" look old & rusty but you can't tell it in the picture!



I have been trying to get my mom to come over and play with the DS...... but trying to get a few hours of free time with her is almost impossible these days! She's definately a busy woman! LOL Perhaps over Christmas break..... if I get a day off! LOL She has a Cricut too and enjoys scrapbooking and card making almost as much as I do!!!!
Please feel free to leave me any comments.... about these cards or anything else..... I'd love to hear from you! : )
**Happy Scrapping!**

5 comments:

LiveLaughScrap said...

I love your cards & so many more of your pfojects that I have seen.
Great blog.
Lori

Lisa said...

Wow after seeing your cards I might have to reconsider learning DS. I really like the shaped cards, I have a Pazzles machine but I have never made a shaped card. Just got my expression on Black Friday and downloaded the free trial of DS but to me it seems too complicated.
Lisa

rosa said...

love the cards,

rosab on cricut mb needs your help

thanks

sgrcookie said...

great cards cindy, i love the stockings!

Lulu's Scraps said...

beautiful!!!